Wednesday, August 26, 2015
It’s been another great week here in Nicaragua.
I continue to learn new things every day. I am so grateful for this amazing experience to be a missionary.
This week we did a lot of looking for new investigators. This process usually involves a lot of contacting. When we contact we usually do it in one of two ways; we usually do it by finding people on the street and stopping to talk with them or we do it by contacting houses. When we contact a house, we usually go up to the door and shout, ¡BUENAS! It’s kind of fun to see what kind of person is going to open the door. What kind of person are they going to be? Are they going to listen? Or just tell us they don’t have time? How can I help them? What are their needs? It is a pretty amazing experience. There are times when it can be challenging when door after door nobody wants to listen to you, but it makes it so worth it when that one person lets you in the door and the Gospel just clicks. They understand. They realize how the Gospel changes their life.
We are also doing a lot of upcoming preparations for the general authority that is coming this weekend. I will give you more details next week.
Love you all and hope you all have a great week.
- Tell me about your comp. What is his name? Where is he from? His name is Elder T and he is from Las Vegas. He has been out for 8 months. He is a really awesome kid and knows the scriptures like the back of his hand. I think it’s so amazing that he can just pull scriptures out of nowhere.
- What has been the best part of your week? Probably just working in the area. And getting things ready for this upcoming weekend.
Wednesday, August 19, 2015
This week has been really great, but not a ton of excitement that has gone on.
This week we were teaching one of our investigators named I. She has had a lot of ups and downs as far as the Gospel goes. At times it seems that she wants to listen and other times she seems to lack in the desire to listen. As we were teaching her this week, she opened up to us a lot more than she ever has. We have tried in the past to gain her confidence, but we haven’t been able to get to that level. This week as we were teaching her, she explained some of the problems that has not made her certain that baptism is for her. We have been trying to search for these problems and doubts for some time now and it was amazing for her to open up to us. She is so awesome and is working hard to change her life.
Also this week as we came home and discovered that there were two eyes staring at us in our backyard. At first I thought it was a cat, but as we got closer we realized that it was a possum. We tired to catch it, but we were not able to. It was kind of a funny experience.
Sorry I don’t have a lot of details for y’all this week, but hope everything is well.
- Heard you have a big conference coming up. How does that change what you do in the office and preparation? Yes, there will be a general authority coming this month. It will be very exciting. A lot of preparations here in the office.
- Is it still raining tons? Is everything super green? It hasn’t rained in a while. But I feel that everything is really green.
- Do you still have a lady that cooks and does laundry for you? Or is it different since you are in the office? We have a lady that cleans, but we do our own cooking and laundry.
- Is your current area safer or more dangerous than your previous areas? Everyone says that San Judas is more dangerous. We have not had any problems. You just need to be smart about where you go.
Wednesday, August 12, 2015
So these past few weeks have been really crazy with changes and everything else that has been going on. It has been a lot of days with little rest.
But, I would like to share an experience of a family that we baptized a few weeks ago.
This family has been through a lot of ups and downs within these last few months and have had a lot of challenges. We have been working really hard to help them understand that through the Gospel of Jesus Christ they can get through these challenges and find more happiness.
They originally were supposed to get baptized in July, but because of challenges they had going on at the time could not do it. They reset their date for the 1st of August.
It was such an awesome day, to see a family get baptized. The son, whose name is Stephen, was baptized in Costa Rica about a year ago.
I know that through the Plan of Salvation and Gospel of Jesus Christ that families can be together forever. I know that this plan that God has is really for our happiness and really helps us to become better. I’m so grateful to be a small hand in this great work and to help others come unto Christ.
Love you all and hope you all have a great week.
- How are you doing? How is everything going? Things are going really good. I had to get up at 3 again today but today was pday so I got to go back to bed and sleep later in the day.
- How often are you getting up that early? Why the long hours the last few weeks? Mostly just recently, with changes and everything, but it’s just with taking people to get on a bus or the airport.
- Are you pretty tired most days? Do you ever feel rested? I have been exhausted!! You know how I told you I was falling asleep on my knees when I was praying? I’m pretty sure the other day I fell asleep praying out loud with my comp. The struggle is so real. haha
- How does the mission seem to be doing as a whole? What is its greatest strength? Where does the mission struggle? The mission is doing really well. Right now the mission is baptizing a ton. The hard part is the retention or having the members stay active.
- How are you and your comp getting along? Is it a good match? I really like my comp a lot. He is very chill.
- Have you done anything unique for pday today? Not really, just cleaned the house a little and rested. Pretty low key.
- What has been the best part of your week? What has made it great? Probably getting out in the area to work.
- What is something this week that you are grateful for? The influence of the members in this great work.
- Anyone we should specifically be praying for? As of right now…not anyone specifically. Just pray so that we can find new people.
- Are you staying healthy? I feel like I am doing really well physically. I have been exercising in the mornings and I feel pretty good.
- What are you doing to have fun and laugh? Any good stories? Not any at the top of my head. Just looking for those little moments to laugh. I have learned that you just need to find those little moments to laugh and stay positive even when things are hard.
Tuesday, August 4, 2015
changes are tomorrow. if i don’t talk love you.