Monday, July 11, 2016
This past week has been great!!!
This past week we have seen a lot of miracles in our area. I know that the work of the Lord truly changes and blesses lives.
This past week we had a baptism. We baptized a man named V. It was really amazing to see him change his life and receive so many blessings through this Gospel. I truly know that it is through this Gospel that we can be blessed and strengthened.
This week as I walked into the church the bishop asked me if I would like to speak. I decided to share a few words and I focused a lot on the importance of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I know that it is through Him that we can be changed and we can be lifted.
I know that it is through the Gospel of Jesus Christ that we can be saved. I know that through the Plan of Salvation that we can be saved. We have the opportunity to live with our Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ and families forever. I know that this is the work of the Lord.
Love you all so much.
- How are you doing? What’s this last week been like? Things are going good. Great week.
- Is the ward sad to see you go? What are you feeling, knowing you only have a few more days left in Nica? I think I am sadder than the ward! haha, but I have a lot of mixed feelings right now! not sure what to think.
July 4, 2016
This week has been really awesome!
It continues to rain a lot here. There have been many times at night when the road in front of our house has seriously been a river. We have seen old tires float by. It is pretty crazy. Sometimes I love the rain because it can be pretty refreshing during a hot, but here in Carazo when it rains I seriously get so cold. I never thought I would be so cold in Nicaragua – haha.
This week we have seen many miracles in the work. I will say it time after time that I have truly gained a testimony about the importance of fasting. I can’t think about a time when I have fasted and not seen a miracle. It is through our obedience and sacrifice that we see many miracles right in front of our eyes.
One thing that we have started is a member gathering in El Socorro (one of the areas I have been working a lot in). We invite investigators, members and recent converts to join us to share a short message. It really seems to be helping out to keep many active and to also strengthen testimonies.
I love this work!
Hope everyone has a great week.
- How has your week been? What have you done today? Things are going good. We had a zone activity today. The sisters just put some games together to play for the 4th of July.
- Which missionaries are traveling home with you next week? How are you feeling about it all? I know (Elders) S, H, A, R are traveling to Utah. (Elders) W, H, H, E, H, K are going other places. To be honest, it is a little stressful. Not sure how to feel.
- Have you met your new mission president yet? I have not. Will be meeting him on Wednesday.
- Do you think Elder J will stay in San Marcos? How is Elder M doing? I think J will stay. Elder M is doing good. All a learning process.
- Any investigators we can pray for? How is J doing? Pray for V. J was doing really really awesome but he drank for the first time in over a month on Saturday so that was really hard!
- In ten words or less, how would you summarize your last two years?
- life changing
- hard work
- testimony builder
- long days
- fast days
- The Church is True!
- In what ways have you overcome and found strength as a missionary? I have really just learned to value the importance of hard work. Found that in any hard moment that I can look to our Savior and be strengthened.