Monday, May 16, 2016
This week was overall pretty awesome.
This week we have been focusing a lot on what we can do to help out the zone and make sure that they are working hard. We had interviews this week and it was really awesome to see what President had to say to us. One thing that we do in this mission is we do house checks when we have interviews. Sister Russell makes us brownies and if our house is clean then we get a brownie. I got to go with her to see if the missionaries had a clean house or if it needed improvement. I am so grateful for the love and support that President and Sister Russell have for us. You can tell that they truly care for every one of their missionaries.
This week we had a funny experience. As were were bringing people to church, there was a family that stopped us and asked us how we were doing. I contacted the father of the family about three months earlier, but he didn’t seem to have much interest in our message, so we didn’t thing much of it. But as they stopped us, we invited them to church and they said they would like to go with us. We told them that we would pass by in about 15 minutes so that then we could go together. As we went to go bring them to church, they were walking in the street. The mom thought it would be a good idea since she had to run an errand after church and she didn’t want to return home before doing whatever she had to do. So, she brought her chicken to church with her. That was something I had never seen before. Before she entered in the church she just put her chicken in her backpack like nothing happened. Got to love it. haha
A tradition here in the mission when someone has a birthday is that they throw eggs on their head. So, today I had a nice egg shower.
Love you all so much,
- Happy Birthday!! I hope it’s been a good day so far. How are you doing? What have you done today? Things have been going well. Just a normal day…sleep, buy. But I did get egged. haha
- What did you learn in your interview with President? I just continue to learn the value of hard work.
- Did you and your comps get a brownie? 🙂 We did get a brownie.
- Are you teaching any lessons tonight to celebrate your big day? We have several lessons planned for tonight.
- How does it feel to be 20 and out of your teen years? How would you sum up your last 20 years of life? Feel pretty much the same – haha. Sum up for my last 20 years…enjoying every moment.
- (Elder Wagstaff’s sister got her appendix removed this last week.) Any words of wisdom? Hope she feels better – don’t go running.
- Who can we pray for? Pray for Jimmy and his 2 brothers. Moises and Rosa.