Wednesday, November 25, 2015
This past week has been really great. It has had its fair share of ups and downs, but it has been great.
This Sunday it was a little hard as we went from door to door and it seemed that no one wanted to come to church with us even though they promised us that they would. We did show up to one of our investigators and he was all ready to go. A lot of times when we show up they are just starting to get ready and we have to wait forever, but he was all ready to go. As we showed up to church we were happy that he was there but a little saddened that all of our other investigators did not want to receive these blessings in their lives. We went to the house of N, our recent convert, to try to see if we could get him and his wife to come. When we passed by, he was working so he could not go, but we asked if she would go with us. She explained that she had a few things that need to get done and she couldn’t go. After we explained that she could do them after, she finally decided to go with us. It was really rewarding to have her go to church with us.
I am so grateful for the opportunity to serve a mission, to help others come unto Christ. I am so grateful for the opportunity to watch the people of Nicaragua see blessings and miracles in their lives that come through the Gospel. I love Thanksgiving because we have the chance to be grateful and think about all the blessings we have in our lives.
Love you all and hope that everyone has a great Thanksgiving.
- How are you doing? How was your week? Things are going great! This week has had its set of struggles, but everything is going great!
- What is the best thing that has happened this week? I was really excited when one of our investigators decided to go to church.
- Any fun celebrations for Thanksgiving? For Thanksgiving we will be having a small lunch/dinner. We will be having chicken, pie, potatoes, rolls – we will be eating with the APs and the other office secretaries, at our home.
- Snowbasin opened today. It’s weird to think that winter is coming. I’m sure it is even stranger for you to think about. Weird to think Snowbasin is opening. What winter?? haha (It’s 93 degrees in Managua today.)
- Did you get a pday today? What have you done? I did get a pday, we just pretty much relaxed in the house and went to the nike store they just barely opened. It was just an average US store. Not anything I need right now.
- Can you believe you have been a missionary for 16 months now? What do you think about it? That is so crazy!!!! It honestly stresses me out. The time has gone by so fast.