Wednesday July 1, 2015
So not a ton of exciting stuff has happened this past week. We have been trying to pick up the pieces from all the missionary changes that happened this week and trying to stay afloat. I am grateful to be in the office because it’s a mission experience that only happens once. I am learning so many valuable life lessons that will set the path for later in life. It’s not always easy, but I am grateful for my circumstances. This reminds me of President Uchtdorf’s talk that was written a while back about every circumstance is a blessing because something can be learned from it. That is such a big part about our message. How everyone has challenges and hardships, but that is one of the reasons why we have come to earth. We are here to learn how to overcome challenges through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I know that if we can put our trust in him we can become great. I love a quote from President Eyring which say: “If your on the right path, it will always be uphill.”
Today for pday we went out and played soccer with some recent converts. It was way awesome to play with them and help them have more friends in the church.
Not a ton to say for this week, but I’m so grateful to be a missionary.
Love you all,
Questions this week:
- Looks like you are wearing your hair a little shorter. Does this help with the heat? The hair cut….haha…that would be a communication mishap where I thought I wanted it a certain length but when she started cutting I changed my mind, but it was too late.
- Have you gained any weight? I think I’m starting to gain a little bit more. At one point I was up 9 lbs., but now I think I’m only up 3. But I’m not certain.
- What is the best thing you have eaten this week? The best thing that I ate this week would probably be Pizza Hut.
- How many members are in your current ward? About 170 come to church each week.
- How big is the primary and young men/women in your current ward? Primary has about 20 kids in the primary and about 25 youth. It’s a really good ward.
- Now that you’ve been out almost a year what is something that you really love about Nica? I really love the people. The people our so humble and genuine. I really really love them.