Wednesday, July 29, 2015
This week has been really great. I’m really tired, but I love this missionary work. Last night I fell asleep on my knees praying for probably about an hour. haha
We have been really busy here in the office preparing for the upcoming changes. It’s always really crazy these next few weeks, but I know that everything will go well.
This week we had a baptism. We baptized a lady named M. She is so awesome. Her daughter and son-in-law are recent converts and have been a great support to her. This week as I was on divisions with one of the missionaries in my district, my comp was at mission correlation. As we passed by M’s house at about 6:30 I decided to give my comp a call to finalize all the baptismal plans for the next day. We were all planning that the mission leader would be the one who would be baptizing her. My comp said, “Why don’t we have M (her son-in-law) baptize her?” I explained that he couldn’t because he had to work the next day. My comp then said, “Why don’t we do the baptism right now?” I thought about it for a second, then thought that that could work. As I was talking on the phone in English with my comp, M didn’t have any idea of what was going on. As we finished the plans I asked M, “So we were thinking that it would be really special if we had M (son-in-law) baptize you. He can’t do it tomorrow, so we were thinking we could do it right now.” She thought about it for a second then said, “Let’s do it.” Nothing like a late night “shotgun baptism” haha. She was really happy and everything went really well.
One thing that we have been doing lately is playing baseball with some kind of fruit that grows on a tree in our backyard. I’m not sure if it’s a lemon or an orange or what it is, but it has been really fun.
I hope all is well at home. Love you all a ton!!
- How are you doing? I’m doing really good. A little tired because we had to get up at 4 this morning, but really happy.
- How has your patriarchal blessing helped you on your mission? Do you read it very often? I actually read it last night. I think it’s so awesome how real this blessing is. It can help me remember that if I work hard that I can receive these blessings in my life.
- Do you see President much? What do you think you’ve learned the most from him? I see him every Monday and occasionally in the week. But usually he is off working with other missionaries. The importance of hard work and exact obedience.
- Are you driving much? I don’t get to do a ton of driving, but occasionally. It’s so much fun.
- What is your comp’s personality like? How long has he been in the office and how long on his mission? He is really funny. He has been in the office for 4 changes and will be leaving the office this change. He came with me, has one year.
- What is the hardest thing about your work in the office? Hardest thing is not getting behind. You have to deal with all the new things that need to get done right then and there and also with the long term things that need to get done.
- When do you meet with your investigators? Do you get much time for contacting? How often do they make it to church? If we are lucky we can get to the area at about 3 or 4. It’s unfortunate, but we don’t have a lot of contact time. This area is really blessed. We usually have a lot of investigators in church. Last week was really hard because not a lot went, but we will have to work harder this week.