Sunday, June 20, 2015
As his gift to his Dad for Father’s Day, Elder Wagstaff responded to questions that his Dad (the Bishop of our ward) asked a panel of graduating seniors. Happy Father’s Day!
- What is your favorite scripture and why? My favorite scripture is Alma 26:12. I love this scripture so much because it talks a lot about the importance of humility. I think it’s import to remember that without God we really are nothing.
- How has Seminary shaped your life for the better? Seminary was such a great experience. I wish I would have taken it a little more serious, but you can learn so much if you want to.
- Of all the areas focused on in the Strength of Youth, which one seems to be the most valuable and why? Really all the areas in the Strength of Youth can help you so much. I guess the best area is the one that you are lacking at the moment. You can read from it and apply it.
- What do you think is the greatest challenge that youth of today face? The biggest challenge that youth face today is choose the right. It can be very easy to give in to peer pressure.
- What is the best way to overcome challenges, trials and difficult situations? To overcome challenges you can get on your knees and pray.
- When you are tempted to do something wrong, what do you do to avoid acting on the temptation? When temped to do something, you can sing a church song in your head. Or think about how that decision will be a long-term effect.
- How do your friends influence your life? Friends are a huge influence. I am so grateful to have the best friends in the world. Friends can shape your future.
- Who has the strongest influence in your life right now? The strongest influence right now is my parents. They are always trying to do what is best for the family. They always push me to be better.
- Who is your Gospel hero or mentor and why? Living: the Prophet or Elder Holland. Dead: Ammon. Great missionaries.
- What do you think your role is in the work of salvation? Our role is “invite others to come unto Christ…”
- What principle of the Gospel are you most grateful for? Repentance
- If you were to describe yourself in one word, what would that word be? Happy