Monday, April 13, 2015
The first thing that can come to my mind this week is…IT’S HOT!!!
It has been so hot the past few weeks here. There are so many times when I will be walking down the streets sweating bullets.
One of the culture aspects that I do not get here is the idea of SOUP… especially during this time there are so many people making a nice, hot bowl of soup. I think to myself, “What are you thinking? It feels like a 1000 degrees and you want to eat hot soup?” There are many times when someone offers me soup and I feel like I am cooking my insides. It’s not that the soup doesn’t taste good, it’s the fact that it’s so hot outside. Well, I guess that is one thing that I’ll just have to get used to.
The nights are nice coming back and taking a nice, freezing, cold shower. That is one thing that I hated before the mission is cold showers, but now it’s so nice.
Today for p-day we got together as a zone. Certain people were assigned activities to put together. I chose to put together a water balloon game, because it is so hot. It was pretty fun and super refreshing. Afterwards, my comp and I went to McDonalds and got hamburgers. It was a pretty fun p-day.
One thing that I have been doing for my personal study lately is reading Jesus the Christ. It is such an awesome book and I love reading about the importance of Jesus Christ in our lives. I am so grateful for the chance to learn more and strengthen my testimony.
This week I challenge you all to take a freezing cold shower and eat a bowl of hot soup.
Love you all,
- How has the work been this week? Any new investigators or interesting happenings? I thought that it was an awesome week. We found a lot of new people, got a lot of people to commit to a baptism date. But when Sunday came around, no one wanted to go to church. That can be really frustrating.
- Are you liking the area? How about your companion? How is it all going? I am liking the area a lot. Super different than my past area (a lot more rich people live here), but I am loving it. My comp and I are getting along great. He is awesome.
- Hermana Russell sent a pic of the package we mailed (saying that one finally arrived). Did you get your Easter package? She also mentioned that you got your hair cut. How often does that happen? How much does it cost? Thanks so much for the Easter package. I love the cars. I get my hair cut about every 3 or so weeks. It costs 50 cords, which is a little less than 2 dollars.
- Where do you meet when you get together as a zone? How big is your zone? In a church for Managua. About 30 missionaries. If you want to know what my area is like, my area goes from a shopping mall called galleria to veracruz.
- How would you describe most of the living conditions of those you associate with? The living conditions can be pretty crazy. Many have dirt floors and tin walls/anything they can find that can last for a while. Very humble circumstances. I am so grateful to have a nice house. I take for granted some of the small things, like carpet. I have yet to see carpet.