Monday, February 15, 2016
So this week we have been doing a lot of looking for new investigators.
This week we did a lot of contacting. It’s always really interesting when you go up to a door and shout, “Buenas” and just wait to see who will be coming out. Often it can be very surprising who will come out to talk with you. Often you get someone that is kind and listens and other times you get someone that just without even saying a word they start shouting at you. Often there are dogs that want to play and sometimes there are dogs that are not so friendly.
This week we contacted a house and had a really funny experience. We contacted a lady in her 30s and we explained that we wanted to come in and share a message with her. She said that would be ok and very kindly let us in. As we were teaching her, the lesson was going pretty good. We were teaching her about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It came to the part of the lesson where we were talking about baptism. We started to invite her to be baptized when her much older mom walked right into the circle that we were sitting in and turned on the tv, which was just outside the circle. She changed the channel to a catholic preachers. I just kind of looked at her stunned and put my head down in my Book of Mormon and just started laughing. Let’s just say that she did not accept the baptism invitation. It was such a funny experience.
I know I have said it before, but I have learned in life and especially on the mission that you can look at something two completely different ways. You can think, “Why is this so hard?” or your can laugh and just work that much harder. Attitude really makes all the difference.
I love you all and hope that you all have a great week.
- How are you doing? How has your week been? Things are going good. This week has been full of ups and downs, but it’s been good.
- Now that you’ve adjusted some, what are you liking about your area? How big of an area does it cover? Really like the area. It’s really, really big.
- How are all of you comps getting along? Me and my comp are doin great.
- Any interesting facts about Panama to pass along? Pana fact – there is a canal…haha…I don’t know…
- Do you feel like your health is pretty good? I feel like I am pretty healthy right now. Things are going good, no major concerns.
- How does the responsibilities you have now compare to that of serving in the mission office? The responsibilities are a lot different. I felt more stress in the office, but the stress is definitely not gone. It’s all good.
- Do you wash your own clothes in San Marcos? We have a member that washes our clothes.
- Are you in the dry season yet? Right now the weather is really dry and dusty. A lot of wind –
- How many are in your zone? There are 22 missionaries.
- What do you appreciate most about your mission right now? I appreciate how even if they say they don’t have time to listen or they don’t want to listen, they still do.
- What is the best thing you have eaten this past week? Chicken with jalapeno sauce.