Monday, March 16, 2015
Wow, this week went fast!
Today for P-day we met together as a zone and played a little bit of baseball.
This week I had an awesome experience. We were first a little sad because one of the investigators that we were counting on didn’t show up for church on Sunday. So after Sacrament meeting we went searching for her. When we finally got to her house, her husband was there with her. We started talking with them and they both seemed to be in fairly good moods. We finally got to the point in the conversation when we were talking with her husband how his wife has a goal to be baptized. We didn’t even have to ask him if he wanted to be baptized too. He said something along the lines of: “Ya, my wife is a really good example to me. I think I want to follow her example too.” What the freak!! We didn’t even need to ask him to be baptized, he just did it himself. It was such an awesome experience.
Elder P and I have continued to work hard. When we come home at night we are so tired and ready to sleep.
I am so grateful for this chance to be a missionary. It’s not always roses and daisies, but I love this work. I have a testimony that this work changes lives.
Love you all tons and remember to stay positive, because attitude is everything.
- Is the mission harder than you thought? I would say the mission is so much harder than I thought. It is so much different than I thought it would be. To be honest, the first few months were such a huge adjustment, but it’s GREAT!
- Does it feel like the time is going fast or slow? The time seems to be flying so freaking fast.
- Any packages this week? Ya, I got my Valentine’s package. That’s a big card. Thanks so much. The candy and cookies are awesome.
- What’s been the best thing about your day? Taking a nap. haha. We went and played baseball as a zone and that was pretty fun, but I loved resting for a minute.
- Are there many signs of spring in Nica? Just super hot as ever.
- Sounds like you and Elder P are working extremely hard. What is the most frustrating thing about being a missionary? The fact that people get to use their agency. haha. It can be very frustrating when they don’t follow through with commitments.