Monday, May 2, 2016
It has been another awesome week here in the mission!
This week we have been focusing on the needs of our investigators so that they can grow and progress. I have learned in the mission that life can be hard. When life gets hard there are really two options:
1. Put your faith in God.
2. Put your faith in the things of the world.
Obviously, when we draw nearer to our Heavenly Father we can grow and be strengthened. It is a real opportunity for us to learn and grow, to become something better. This week I have been trying to focus on truly loving these people. At times it can be frustrating – when someone slams the door in your face or when they shout at you in the streets – but if you focus on loving them then the work becomes so much easier. I am so grateful for this opportunity to serve the Lord and to help others come unto Christ.
This week we had the opportunity to give service. In a part of our area there is not running water available. So, there are two options: either bring it in by truck or to bring it in by hand. One of our investigators can’t afford to bring it by truck so he has a little handcart that he uses to haul his water. We decided to help him by pushing his handcart to help him out.
Right now we are teaching the husband and son of a recent convert. They are progressing well in the Gospel and we have seen so many blessings in their house since we have started to pass by and teach them. I know I have said it before, but the Gospel truly blesses families.
Love you all so much.
- What’s been the best part of your week? Just making the most of every moment.
- Has the rainy season started yet? The rainy season has started a little, but has not rained too much.
- What’s been the best thing you’ve eaten this week? Today we ate at a gas station and I got a bacon cheeseburger. haha
- What investigators can we pray for? William, Marta, Felix, Ali, Karen, Dennis, Carmen, Jimmy
- How can we be more helpful to you and the work you are doing? Things are going well. Not a lot of needs.